Welcome to my blog. I am not a very regular blogger, but I try to keep this site updated with news and information. If there's none of the above I may just share my random ruminations.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

"A Fascinating Story", says Jenny Twist of TORN, in her 5 * review

After her resumé of the story, Jenny goes on to say: "This is an impressive book. Gilli Allan is an accomplished and fluent writer. She uses language well and, so rare these days, correctly. Her characterisation is superb. I found myself getting furious with the shallow and selfish Jess who invariably puts her own desires first, but fell a little in love with both her lovers. The plot is quite different from anything I've ever read before. Most definitely NOT chick lit. But how would you characterise it? Often the best books fail to fall neatly into genres and this is one of them. Gilli pulls no punches and makes no attempt to prettify her characters.

An unpredictable story but an all round very good read."

Thank you Jenny.

For the full review go to - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A2M7PC37Q1T9G1/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

No comments: