Welcome to my blog. I am not a very regular blogger, but I try to keep this site updated with news and information. If there's none of the above I may just share my random ruminations.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

They're going black!!!!!!


When I got so excited about the grapevine fruiting I never imagined this. 

We've lived in this house since 1988 and the vine grows against the old wall beside what would have been the original front door. This is the first summer time we have had grapes. 

They started as little green bobbles, but the bobbles have been growing bigger and bigger and forming into recognisable clumps. For no very good reason I assumed they were a green variety and when I saw the odd one in a bunch darkening, I thought they must be rotting.  I realised my mistake when I noticed more and more of them turning first red and then a deep dark wine colour. 

Get out the demi-johns.

No comments: